A.A.S. Business Administration
Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Business Administration is a diverse field that incorporates many areas of business. A degree in this field of study creates opportunities for you to explore a business-related career in industries such as finance, education, or health care. From corporations to small firms, organizations in the private, public, and non-profit sectors are always seeking employees who possess strong business skills. With your A.A.S. degree from FLCC, you'll be prepared to enter the job market after graduation and pursue entry-level positions in a management or administrative role.
As a student in our A.A.S. Business Administration degree program, you'll experience courses in a variety of areas ranging from accounting to economics and marketing to business law. And, you'll also engage in an intense study in business administration. Along with a strong core curriculum, this program provides you the opportunity to explore and enroll in a variety of business electives, which will broaden your background in this field. Whatever your goals are after FLCC—whether you plan to explore the job market or pursue an advanced degree—this program will prepare you for employment and transfer opportunities in the business field.
FLCC's online learning offers you a flexible and convenient way to reach your educational goals. With this option, you can pursue your A.A.S. in Business Administration completely online. Learn more about FLCC online learning.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply mathematical principles and concepts to solve problems.
- Explore issues, ideas and data to formulate a plan of action.
- Identify the skills and knowledge necessary for businesses to succeed in the global community.
- Show the ability to identify, evaluate, use, and share information from current event resources.
- Apply marketing concepts as they relate to the marketplace and be able to apply this understanding to an entry-level position.
- Utilize the four basic financial statements and provide a managerial analysis of these statements in anticipation to their entrance into the workplace.
- Demonstrate how a business makes decisions by studying economic trends in anticipation to their entrance into the workplace.
- Apply the accepted process and procedure used to gain an entry-level business position by acquiring business communication skills for entering and being successful in the business community.
- Employ professional values and honesty in preparation to their entrance into the workplace.
As a student in our program, you'll be educated by faculty who bring practical experience in management, business ownership, and accounting to the classroom. Throughout your studies, you'll learn from knowledgeable faculty and engage in a course curriculum that will prepare you to succeed in the diverse and ever-changing business world.
In your degree experience, you'll engage in an internship, which will provide you practical learning opportunities in a business-related position. Past graduates have interned at local businesses and agencies such as Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce, Canandaigua National Bank, Thompson Health, the National Bank of Geneva, and with the City of Geneva.
Graduates with this degree have gone on to pursue four-year degrees in a business-related area at transfer schools such as Geneseo, Brockport, Cortland, Fredonia, Nazareth College, St. John Fisher College, Rochester Institute of Technology, and Syracuse University. Some of our graduates have applied their degree and obtained positions after FLCC such as payroll coordinator, receipt and inventory manager, bank teller, or customer service specialist.
Our A.S. and A.A.S. Business Administration degree programs provide you a variety of scholarship opportunities to explore. Check out the Carol Scharett Memorial, Canandaigua Rotary Martin Schneider, or Dennis Morga Memorial Business scholarship. Get information on these scholarships and learn how you can apply. For details, contact the FLCC Foundation.