A.S. Business Administration
Associate in Science (A.S.)
Business Administration is a diverse field that incorporates many areas of business. A degree in this field of study creates opportunities for you to explore a business-related career in industries such as finance, education, or health care. From corporations to small firms, organizations in the private, public, and non-profit sectors are always seeking employees who possess strong business skills. With your A.S. degree from FLCC, you'll be prepared to continue your education at a four-year school and pursue an advanced degree in areas such as accounting, business administration, marketing, or secondary education.
Our A.S. Business Administration degree program provides you a strong core curriculum in business. From learning the basics of financial and managerial accounting to gaining knowledge on marketing procedures and practices, your degree experience will introduce you to the many facets that define business. Whether you're interested in studying economics or business law. Whether you're discovering the business field for the first time. At FLCC, we will prepare you for a successful future in whichever profession you choose to pursue.
FLCC's online learning offers you a flexible and convenient way to reach your educational goals. With this option, you can pursue your A.S. in Business Administration completely online. Learn more about FLCC online learning.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this degree program, students will be able to:
- Apply mathematical principles and concepts to solve problems.
- Explore issues, ideas and data to formulate a plan of action.
- Identify the skills and knowledge necessary for businesses to succeed in the global community.
- Show the ability to identify, evaluate, use, and share information from current event resources.
- Apply marketing concepts as they relate to the marketplace and be able to apply this understanding to their entrance into taking upper-level college courses.
- Utilize the four basic financial statements and provide a managerial analysis of these statements in anticipation to their entrance into taking upper-level college courses.
- Demonstrate how a business makes decisions by studying economic trends in anticipation to their entrance into taking upper-level college courses.
- Employ professional values and honesty in preparation to their entrance into a four-year college.
As a student in our program, you'll be educated by faculty who bring practical experience in management, business ownership, and accounting to the classroom. Throughout your studies, you'll learn from knowledgeable faculty and engage in a course curriculum that will prepare you to succeed in the diverse and ever-changing business world.
Your degree experience will be enhanced with opportunities to engage in a business-related internship. Past graduates have interned at local businesses and agencies such as Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce, Canandaigua National Bank, Thompson Health, the National Bank of Geneva, and with the City of Geneva.
Graduates with this degree have gone on to pursue four-year degrees in a business-related area at transfer schools such as Geneseo, Brockport, Cortland, Fredonia, Nazareth College, St. John Fisher College, Rochester Institute of Technology, and Syracuse University. Some of our graduates have applied their degree and obtained positions after FLCC such as payroll coordinator, receipt and inventory manager, bank teller, or customer service specialist.
Our A.S. and A.A.S. Business Administration degree programs provide you a variety of scholarship opportunities to explore. Check out the Carol Scharett Memorial, Canandaigua Rotary Martin Schneider, or Dennis Morga Memorial Business scholarship. Get information on these scholarships and learn how you can apply. For details, contact the FLCC Foundation.