Quit Page–Smoking Cessation
You can quit smoking. All the tools are here. Choose what works for you, and do it your way:
- Phone alone. Call your compassionate Student Health nurse for an assessment and Quit Plan.
- Come to Student Health Services and revel in support and compassion.
- Bring a Quit Buddy. If you want to, bring your roommate, classmate, best friend, or sweetheart. Research shows (and students tell us) that students with a support system can have an easier time becoming smoke-free.
- Online help. The National Cancer Institute sponsors online and phone help. Click the following link http://smokefree.gov or call 1-877-44U-QUIT (1-877-448-7848). The Live Help service can provide tips to help you quit smoking and stay smoke free.
- Try the smoking cessation pill Zyban or Chantix. Contact Student Health for a medical referral.
- Get a free quit kit or smoke free kit. These kits are available to any FLCC student interested in quitting smoking, or staying smoke-free. Just visit Student Health Services and ask for it.
Who is eligible for the Do It Your Way Smoking Cessation Program at FLCC Student Health Services?
All FLCC students are eligible for assistance from Student Health Services. You can bring along your Quit Buddy, even if he/she is not a student. Your friends are our friends.
Call (585)785-1297 and leave a message with Student Health Services. You can leave your phone number or e-mail, and we will call you back. You can also stop by Student Health Services, in room 3815 on Main Campus, and make an appointment to come in or just to talk on the phone. Whatever you say!
For more information about the Do It Your Way Tobacco Reduction program available through FLCC Student Health Services, please contact Student Health Services at (585)785-1297. Also, we encourage you to visit the New York State Smokers' Quitline webpage.